Upcoming Events - Spring 2020
Accessibility Workshop: Captioning Videos
Captioning videos in courses increases accessibility and enhances learning. While captioning is vital for students who are hard of hearing or deaf, it also helps students’ comprehension and organization of the material, maintain focus and engagement, as well as retain the information communicated in course videos. In this workshop, participants will learn about the best practices to use when captioning course content, as well as various options on how to caption videos.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand why captions are important
- Differentiate between automatic/mechanical captioning and professional captioning
- Identify best practices for captioning and use them to select videos
- Identify the steps for requesting captioning as part of an accommodation request
- Understand faculty responsibility about captioning accomodations
The accessibility workshop will be held at McDonough 210 from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM on Feb. 28th. Lunch will be provided for attendees at McDonough 205 at 11 AM and the workshop will start at 11:30 AM.
IDTS hosted an accessibility workshop at Clermont on Oct 25, 2019. This event was arranged by UC Accessibility Network and CET&L.
Title: Accessibility Workshop: Creating Accessible Course Content in Word/PowerPoint and PDF documents
Location: McDonough 210
Date and time: Oct 25 11:30-1:30pm