Canvas Training Sessions
IDTS offers canvas training sessions for all departments based on the Canvas transition timeline. Please find the Canvas transition timeline and training information below.
||Transition Begins||Courses offered in Canvas|
|Business, Law & Technology||SU 2019||FA 2019|
Math, Computers, Geology & Physics
English, Languages & Fine Arts
|FA 2019||SP 2020|
Science & Health
|SP 2020||SU 2020|
We will offer all in-person training sessions in Snyder 143. Since Snyder 143 is not a computer lab, you need to bring a laptop to attend the training sessions. If you do not have access to a laptop, we have a couple of Windows laptops and several Macbooks available for you to use.
There are two series of training sessions available. Canvas Basics training session is required for all faculty to attend before they teach courses in Canvas. Canvas Basics training session will cover topics including importing courses from Blackboard to Canvas, using syllabus template in Canvas, setting up modules, using assignments, grade book, discussion board, and other relevant topics. We will offer Canvas Basics session multiple times during the academic year. Please sign up below.
Canvas Advanced training session will cover more advanced use of Canvas or LTI tools. Each session is dedicated to a specific topic. These sessions are not required, you are welcome to sign up one or more sessions if you are interested. Please sign up below.
Canvas Training Sessions
Canvas Basics Training
Canvas Advanced Training
Canvas Open Labs - Coffee, Cookies and Canvas
No sign-up needed for Open Lab Sessions. Come and work on Canvas Courses and ask questions.
- Canvas Open Lab - January 8: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you at the training!
Concluded Canvas Training Sessions
Canvas Basics Training Session Schedule
- Sept. 23: 2 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Sept. 24: 8:30 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Oct. 7: 1 p.m.–3:30 p.m. – WebEx
- Oct. 15: 2 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 21: 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. – WebEx
- Oct. 24: 12:30 p.m.–3 p.m.
- Nov.: 9 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Nov. 12: 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Nov. 18: 1p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26: 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 10: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Dec. 16: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Canvas Advanced Training Session Schedule
- Grading and Assignments - Sept. 23: 9 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Quizzes and Surveys in Canvas - Oct. 8: 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Using Media in Canvas, including Kaltura - Oct. 8: 9 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Using your Mobile Device: Teacher and Student Apps - Oct. 15: 9 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Getting Social in Canvas Using FlipGrid - Oct. 24: 9 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Plagiarism Detection: Using Turnitin - Oct. 28: 3 p.m.–4 p.m.
- Basic Course Analytics - Oct. 29: 9 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Dec. 9: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Snyder S143 - Migrating Your Course From Blackboard to Canvas
- Dec. 9: 10 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Snyder S143 - Canvas Basic Analytics;