Associate of Technical Studies
Why study Information Technology?
The One-Year Option allows graduates of Ohio Technical Centers (OTC) who complete a 600 or greater hour program and obtain an industry-recognized credential(s) to earn a block of technical credit toward an Associate of Technical Study (Type B). The goal of this Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) initiative is to create a statewide agreement for awarding technical credit in addition to current statewide agreements such as Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAGs). Eligible students will be awarded 20-30 semester credit hours of block credit for the approved OTC program toward the relevant 60 semester hour ATS degree.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Complete your associate degree with 30-40 credits
- Flexible class options (daytime, evening, online)
- Advance your career and earnings potential
- Complete the ATS and be eligible for admission to the Bachelor's of Technical & Applied Studies in Applied Administration
- Completed a 600+ clock hour program in business at an Ohio Technical Center
- Hold an industry-recognized credential(s) approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Approved OTC programs: IT Support Services (all)
- Meet the credentialing pathway requirements as determined by the applicable credit affirmation team. The list of currently approved pathways and credentialing requirements can be found on the Ohio Department of Higher Education’s One-Year Option webpage.
This general degree is a good fit for those with a professional certification or credential in job positions where the employer is neutral as to the degree earned.
You must be in good academic standing at the college or university you last attended. We accept transfer applications all year long and you may start any semester, provided your transcripts arrive in time to be evaluated before the start of the semester you wish to attend.
If you have not taken college-level mathematics or English, you will need to take the placement test.
You must demonstrate English proficiency. You must also meet admissions deadlines and visa requirements, and provide documentation of sufficient funds before we can complete your admission. Please call the International Admissions Office ((513) 556-2069) for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Learn more about becoming an international student at UC Clermont.
- Guide: 2020-2021 Information Technology (Ohio Technical Center Students Only - 30 hours)
- Guide: 2020-2021 Information Technology (Ohio Technical Center Students Only - 20 hours)
- Guide: 2019-2020 Information Technology (Ohio Technical Center Students Only - 20 hours)
- Guide: 2019-2020 Information Technology (Ohio Technical Center Students Only - 30 hours)
4200 Clermont College Drive
Batavia, OH 45103
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 34ASC-INF34-ATSB