COVID Reporting and Testing
If you are having any symptoms you that may be related to COVID-19, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 — please log on to the UC COVID Check App, available in the Apple iOS App Store or Google Play Store — or use this weblink: https://redcap.research.cchmc.org/surveys/?s=YJMC3J783J to report ASAP.
Any and all information gathered through the University of Cincinnati's reporting process will remain as private as possible, as directed by state and local health departments. See The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website for specific regulations around privacy and confidentiality. The reporting requirement will allow UHS to provide education, guidance and care monitoring.
University Health Services has a data capture system in partnership with the UC Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) that will help automate and streamline reporting and prevention of potential COVID-19 exposures for our faculty, staff, students and visitors.
The following individuals from the UC community are required to report to University Health Services:
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, a positive test result for COVID-19 or is being tested due to symptoms suggestive of the infection.
- Anyone with close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19, meaning not tested but diagnosed by a physician as likely to have the infection.
- Anyone living on campus in University Housing and having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including flu-like symptoms with chills, muscle aches, diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath or fever. In addition, the sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste can be an early sign of COVID-19 and should be immediately reported.
- Anyone returning from international travel, regardless of country traveled from.
- Anyone returning from travel by cruise ship.
- If you are having any symptoms you that may be related to COVID-19, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 — please log on to the UC COVID Check App Apple iOS App Store or Google Play Store — or use this weblink: https://redcap.research.cchmc.org/surveys/?s=YJMC3J783J to report ASAP.
- Your responses will be reviewed by a clinician, and you will receive individualized guidance by email. You will also be contacted by phone as deemed necessary by the reviewing clinician.
In addition, you may hear from us via email regarding an exposure on campus. If asked to do so, please respond immediately with the requested information, and you will receive specific guidance on how to manage your risk.
We have developed this reporting system in close collaboration with the UC Health COVID-19 Core Team as well as partners in our local and state health departments, and in accordance with guidance from the CDC.
Please contact us at COVIDHelp@uc.edu if you have questions regarding the reporting process.