College Success Program
Our Support. Your Success.
The College Success Program prepares students for college-level courses while equipping them to succeed academically, personally and professionally. We aim to build on fundamental skills and empower students with attitudes leading to life-long learning.
How Does the College Success Program Help Students?
- Easy access to personal and academic assistance from a professional staff
- Courses scheduled for easy transition to college-level learning
- Study strategies sessions including:
- Time management
- University technology
- Juggling responsibilities
- Test anxiety
- One-on-one guidance in setting academic goals
- Gain confidence while building personal and professional skills
- At orientation, meet CSP staff and sign learning agreement (PDF). The learning agreement describes the expectations of students within the program.
- Register for classes with guidance from CSP staff.
- Meet individually with CSP staff four times throughout the semester. See CSP Student Responsibilites (PDF) for additional information.
- Complete mid-term progress report. See Academic Monitoring Form (PDF) for more info.
- Study five hours each week in the library, Academic Success Center or other approved space.
- Earn a 2.0 GPA at the end of two semesters.
- Complete 67 percent of registered credit hours each semester.
Most CSP students complete the program within two semesters. If a student is not fulfilling all requirements of the College Success Program learning agreement within two semesters, the studentâs course registration will be blocked for one full year.