Online Placement Assessments
Online Placement Assessment Instructions
Step A: Determine which portions of the placement assessment you need to complete under Testing Requirements.
Step B: Set up your UC Credentials by locating your username.
- Option 1: Click here to get your username (wait at least three-four days after confirming admission.)
- Option 2: Refer to an email sent to you from the UC Admissions Office that contains your Username and UCID credentials.
After receiving your username, log into Password Self Service.
- Enter your UC Username.
- The first time you login your password is Uc!mmddyyyy (mmddyyyy is your full date of birth).
- Click on the Change Password tile
- When prompt for OLD password appears, fill in Uc!mmddyyy, then choose a new password with eight characters containing one capital letter and one number.
- Submit and finish steps of new password creation
Step C: Log into Canopy/Canvas (where you will complete the Placement Assessment) with the username and password you established.
Step D: Look for a tile that states Student Tools or My Courses and click it. If you have Student Tools and you click it, the My Courses tile will show next.
Step E: Click on My Courses (Canvas tile). This is your dashboard.
Step F: Click on the UC Clermont Placement Assessment course tile.
Step G: Read through the instructions and complete any required assessments.
Please note: If you do not see the UC Clermont Placement Assessment link in Canopy/Canvas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and state that the Placement Assessment link is not in your courses. Please provide your username and UCID in the email, and we will let you know when we have resolved the issue.