Math Placement Test Workshop
Has it been a while since you’ve taken a math course? Do you need a math refresher before taking the placement test? If you answered, “yes” to either of these questions, then we recommend you attend our FREE Math Placement Test Workshop (MPTW). The MPTW is a FREE online workshop led by a professional math tutor. At the end of each workshop, you will get the opportunity to take a FREE practice placement test so you can feel confident before the actual placement test. Students who have completed this workshop have placed into higher-level math courses, which leads to increased confidence and reduces time to degree and tuition and fees. Details of the workshop are below:
- Equations, inequalities and applications
- Graphs of linear equations and inequalities in two variables
- Exponents and polynomials
- Factoring and applications
- Rational expressions and applications
- Systems of linear equations and inequalities
- Roots and radicals
- Quadratic equations
Format and schedule: The MPTW is a three-week workshop series and is offered monthly except in January. There are two options:
- A workshop that meets online via Teams or Zoom. The workshop meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3 pm to 4 pm.
- A fully online workshop with no required meetings where you can study independently at times that work better for your schedule.
Registration information: Email UCCLearnTogether@uc.edu
Math for Science Students Workshop
The UC Clermont Math for Science Students Workshop is offered to students taking introductory chemistry and biology courses. The workshop covers foundational math concepts that students need to succeed in their science courses. This is a FREE synchronous online workshop led by a UC Tutor.
*If you need a refresher with math, you should definitely consider attending this workshop!
- Order of operations
- Using signed numbers in calculations
- Scientific notation
- Performing calculations using numbers in scientific notation
- Ratios, proportions and percentages
- Creating and interpreting graphs
- Solving linear and quadratic equations
- Working with logarithms
Canvas Navigator Workshop
The Canvas Navigator Workshop is designed to help students who are new to college and need help navigating their coursework online. The workshop shows students how to access their course materials, publisher homework, quizzes, textbooks, academic services like tutoring, and more. Students who attend this workshop can expect to gain clarity on what they need to do on a weekly basis to stay on track with their course work throughout the semester. This helps students stay motivated leading to greater confidence and success in their courses.
Format and schedule: Each Canvas Navigator Workshop is 60 minutes long and is offered in a virtual format (via Teams or Zoom) multiple times during the first two weeks of each semester.
Have questions or need to register? Email UCCLearnTogether@uc.edu