COVID-19 Campus Updates
The education, health and well-being of the UC Clermont College community is of utmost importance to our faculty, staff and administration. In an effort to keep the UC Clermont community informed and safe, please refer to the below information and links to resources.
Campus Safety Guidelines
Based on the changes to federal and state health guidance, UC has made the following adjustments:
- Fully vaccinated: Individuals who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a facial covering while on campus except, per CDC guidance, on buses, e.g., UC shuttle. Note that individuals are fully vaccinated 14 days after their final dose of vaccine.
- Unvaccinated: Individuals who have not been fully vaccinated are still to wear a facial covering and maintain social distancing when indoors except when eating/drinking or alone in a private room or office. Unvaccinated individuals are not required to wear facial covering when outdoors and able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Social distancing: We will currently continue to plan for 6-foot social distancing in campus spaces. This is especially important in shared office and workspaces where individuals are or may be sharing space for an entire work shift and in high-traffic common areas and social settings like campus eateries, TUC and CRC.
- For more information, please see our Campus Safety Measure protocols.
Additional Helpful Links
Safety and Facilities Information
In implementing our campus safety plan, these safety protocols will remain in effect until further notice.
1. Before returning to campus for the first time, all employees must successfully complete a brief online information session administered by University Health Services to ensure awareness of the CDC and ODH guidelines. The tutorial can be found on the Success Factors website.
2. Before returning to campus for the first time, all supervisors and lab leaders must complete a health safety assessment of their workplace setting. Find more information, including deadlines for completion, on the Assessment of Workplace Settings website.
3. Before coming to campus each day, all employees must complete a self-administered wellness check based on the CDC and ODH guidelines. The wellness check can be found on the Self-Administered Wellness Check website. All employees who have symptoms that may relate to COVID-19 should use the COVID Check App to report.
4. All employees must wear facial coverings on campus, except while eating or alone in a private space.
5. All employees must adhere to social-distancing requirements.
6. All areas must clean and sanitize their workplace settings throughout the day. These efforts will supplement cleaning and sanitizing activities that will occur after hours by our facilities staff. Specific directions can be found on the Facilities Management website.
7. All employees must continue to abide by restrictions on travel detailed on the Travel Restrictions website.
8. All employees who meet the CDC’s definition of individuals at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 may continue to work remotely. CDC information on risk factors is available on the CDC website. Please contact Human Resources to submit a request to work remotely due to being at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
9. For more information on mental health resources, please check out the Human Resources website.
10. For more information regarding safety and wellness, please check out the Safe Work Environment and Wellness Resources website.