Students may take classes at UC Clermont without enrolling into a degree or certificate program. A non-degree seeking student's official status is "non-matriculated," which is a traditional academic term meaning "not enrolled in a degree program."
The steps below are designed to help you from pre-enrollment to enrollment. Our Admissions staff members are happy to assist you along the way!
Feel free to check out our video tutorials for working with Catalyst! Learn about how to search and register for classes, service indicators, "To-Do List," billing and more.
- Complete the Basic Data Form. This will enable the UC Registrar to update or create your student record.
- After submitting the Basic Data Form, please allow two business days for processing. Once processing is complete, you will receive an email with your login credentials. If you experience problems logging in, please contact the UC HelpDesk at (513) 556-4357 for assistance.
- Complete the Bursar Pre-Registration Agreement on the My Dashboard tab in Catalyst before registering.
- Check course prerequisites: Some classes require a placement test or approved advanced standing from another college. Be sure to review course prerequisites before attempting registration.
- Use your username and UCID to register for your classes online. You can register any time during open registration for the term in which you wish to take classes. Go to the One Stop Student Services website for specific calendar dates and to register.
Please email Clermont.Advising@uc.edu with the following information:
- Attach a scanned copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or a scanned copy of your:
- ACT/SAT test scores
- UC Student ID number
- Course and section number (e.g. MATH1062 -001)
- Class number (e.g. 70936)
Or, if you rather speak with an academic advisor, please contact UC Clermont College Advising Center at 513-732-5205.
All UC students are entitled to certain benefits and services. They also have certain responsibilities. Since students who are not enrolled in degree programs do not go through formal orientation, please be sure to read all of the following information.
You can view and pay your bill online. Tuition bills are due five days before the term begins. There are no adjustments for national or UC holidays. If you register within five days before the term begins, payment is due at the time of registration. Non-Matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid. Please note there may be late registration fees or late fees assessed to your student bill if registering for classes after the first day. Check calendars for dates.
A Microsoft Office 365 email account is provided to all University of Cincinnati students and will be used for all official university communications, including, but not limited to:
- Billing notices and due dates
- Registration procedures and deadline notifications
- Emergency notices (e.g., snow closings)
- Information about programs, activities, sporting events and more
You can activate your student email account by logging in with your UC credentials. If you need assistance, please contact the UCIT Help Desk at 513-556-4357.
One Stop online enables you to take care of business without having to run all over campus. You can register for classes, pay your bill, check your grades, request a transcript and more. You can also take care of many of these functions in person at the One Stop Student Services office on UC Clermont's campus.
Courses at UC use Blackboard, an online system that allows instructors to place course syllabi and instructional materials online. It also contains communication tools, such as online discussion boards, where students collaborate, post assignments and get updates from professors. Blackboard also serves as a portal to other web services at UC.
Once you are an official student and have registered for courses, you will have a Blackboard account created for you automatically. You can log into Blackboard using your UC credentials.
All UC students are required to have a UC photo ID. A valid student ID is required to use libraries, computer labs, sport and recreation facilities and campus dining centers. The UC ID also serves as the Bearcat Campus Card, a debit card that can be used in all campus vending machines, shops and the UC Bookstore. More information about the Bearcat Campus Card.
To get an ID:
- You must be registered for classes.
- Go to the Public Safety Office in the Snyder building on UC Clermont's campus.
Health insurance is automatically provided to you if you enroll in six or more credit hours. Eligible students are billed automatically for single coverage unless insurance is waived or dependent coverage is requested.
Students with private insurance that meets certain qualifications, and who wish to be excluded from the Student Insurance Plan must submit a request no later than the third Friday deadline of the term. You can waive your health insurance online.
International students are not eligible to waive coverage and are required to be covered under the University Student Insurance Plan.
Students whose classes have been canceled should contact the Student Insurance Office for confirmation of waiver or enrollment.
Students who purchase spring semester Student Health Insurance are automatically covered through summer semester with no additional premium due.
For more information, contact University Health Services.