UC Clermont Learning Commons Support Services
The Learning Commons provides centralized academic support for University of Cincinnati students by bringing together faculty, best-practices in teaching and learning, and hundreds of outstanding peer educators to create flexible academic success programming. Free services available to UC Clermont students through Learning Commons include academic coaching, success skills workshops, and tutoring in writing, math, science and more.
UC Clermont continues to provide free professional staff tutoring services for students enrolled in Preparatory Composition (ENGL 0099), Mathematical Literacy (MATH 0029), Fundamentals of Algebra (MATH 0030), Introductory Algebra (MATH 0031) and Intermediate Algebra (MATH 0034). Information about these tutoring services is provided in the course syllabi.
Learn & Earn
UC Clermont students can earn scholarship money by participating in tutoring and academic support services during Fall Semester 2021.
Learn & Earn tiers:
- Participate in one UC Clermont Learning Commons service during the first three weeks of semester: $50
- Participate in four different UC Clermont Learning Commons services during first month of semester: $100
- Participate in 10 or more Preparatory Composition or Pre-College Math (single service only, not a combination of the two subjects) tutoring sessions: $200
- Participate in 10 or more UC Clermont Learning Commons services (any combination of services excluding Preparatory Composition or Pre-College Math): $200
Eligibility requirements: Must be a UC Clermont degree-seeking student enrolled in fall semester 2021, earn a 2.0 grade point average or higher in fall semester 2021 and enroll as a UC Clermont degree-seeking student in spring semester 2022. The amount earned through the Learn & Earn initiative will be applied to Spring Semester 2022.
Service Dates and Locations
Fall 2021 services are currently available. You may book an appointment via the "Make an Appointment" button below.
- As a reminder, if the University is closed for a Reading Day or a Holiday, the Learning Commons is also closed
- Check the individual program pages to learn more about the service, the operating hours, and the method of access (in-person, online, or both)
- The Learning Commons is available to students on Clifton's, Clermont's, and Blue Ash's campuses. In-person appointments are available on both Clifton's campus and Clermont's campus. Be sure to make note of the location when making your appointment.
- Clifton Learning Commons: 2510B French Hall West, (513) 556-3244, LearningCommons@uc.edu
- Clifton Math and Science Support (MASS) Center: 2133 French Hall West, 513-556-1467, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clifton Academic Writing Center (AWC): 401N Langsam Library, (513) 556-3912, AcadWC@uc.edu
- Clermont Learning Commons, MASS Center, and AWC: 106 Edith Peters-Jones, (513) 558-8319, UCCLearningCommons@uc.edu
Please note, the appointment scheduling website is having technical difficulties. We are actively working with IT to resolve them.
Each year more than 6,000 students take advantage of Learning Commons programs to build confidence, integrate on campus and master challenging course content. These programs include:
- One-on-one and group-based tutoring in more than 200 courses
- Academic Coaching for students seeking improved organization, motivation and learning strategies
- Collaborative learning opportunities, such as our Success Skills Workshops program
We offer drop-in or appointment-based (free) and credit-bearing options. Students can schedule an appointment via our scheduling website while drop-in schedules or enrollment instructions are viewable under each program menu on the left.
If you are a faculty or staff member seeking to collaborate to promote student success for your students, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Campus Location: Jones 106