UC Clermont Learning Commons Support Services
Learn Together. Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons provides centralized academic support for University of Cincinnati students by bringing together faculty, best-practices in teaching and learning, and hundreds of outstanding peer educators to create flexible academic success programming. Free services available to UC Clermont students through Learning Commons include Academic Coaching, Success Skills Workshops, and Tutoring in writing, math, science and more.
UC Clermont continues to provide free professional staff tutoring services for students enrolled in Preparatory Composition (ENGL 0099), Mathematical Literacy (MATH 0029), Fundamentals of Algebra (MATH 0030), Introductory Algebra (MATH 0031) and Intermediate Algebra (MATH 0034). Information about these tutoring services is provided in the course syllabi or visiting the Pre-College Math or Preparatory Composition pages.
Updates and Information
- TracCloud is the new website to schedule Learning Commons services and provides a much better experience. Access TracCloud via the "Schedule a Service" button above. Scroll down to view a video on how to schedule a service in TracCloud.
- Check the individual program pages to learn more about the service, the operating hours, and the method of access (in-person, online, or both).
- The Learning Commons is available to students on Clifton's, Clermont's, and Blue Ash's campuses.
- Clifton Learning Commons: 2510B French Hall West, (513) 556-3244, LearningCommons@uc.edu
- Clifton Math and Science Support (MASS) Center: 2133 French Hall West, 513-556-1467, email@example.com
- Clifton Academic Writing Center (AWC): 401N Langsam Library, (513) 556-3912, AcadWC@uc.edu
- Clermont Learning Commons and AWC: Library 2nd Floor, Jones 120, (513) 558-6958, UCCLearningCommons@uc.edu
- In-person appointments are available on both Clifton's campus and Clermont's campus. Be sure to make note of the location when scheduling your service!
Each year, more than 6,000 students take advantage of Learning Commons services to build confidence, integrate themself on campus, and master their course content. We provide a variety of different services to help support student's academic growth and development of critical success skills including:
- One-on-one and group-based tutoring in 200+ courses
- Our nationally-recognized Learning Communities program, which brings together first-year students and campus mentors to promote social integration and academic success
- Academic Coaching and Success Skills Workshops for students seeking improved organization, motivation, learning strategies, time management, and other skills
- Learning Assistants, embedded in classes, who use active and collaborative teaching methods
- Additional collaborative learning opportunities in our Academic Writing Center, Math and Science Support Center, and Supplemental Instruction sessions
We offer credit-bearing, drop-in, and appointment-based options. Students can schedule a service on TracCloud, our scheduling website. Service hours, drop-in schedules, and enrollment instructions can be found on each program's page.
Campus Location: Second floor of the Library (Jones 120)
UC Faculty & Staff
Please visit the Learning Commons site on Bearcats Landing for information specific for Faulty and Staff. If you are seeking to collaborate to promote student success for your students, please feel free to reach out to us at LearningCommons@uc.edu. To request a presenation from the Learning Commons, please click the button below.