UC Clermont Learning Commons Support Services
Learn Together. Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons provides centralized academic support for University of Cincinnati students by bringing together faculty, best-practices in teaching and learning, and hundreds of outstanding peer educators to create flexible academic success programming. Free services available to UC Clermont students through Learning Commons include Academic Coaching, Success Skills Workshops, and Tutoring in writing, math, science and more.
UC Clermont continues to provide free professional staff tutoring services for students enrolled in Preparatory Composition (ENGL 0099), Mathematical Literacy (MATH 0029), Fundamentals of Algebra (MATH 0030), Introductory Algebra (MATH 0031) and Intermediate Algebra (MATH 0034). Information about these tutoring services is provided in the course syllabi or visiting the Pre-College Math or Preparatory Composition pages.
Updates and Information
*New Update for Summer* You asked and we listened - we have upgraded our scheduling website! TracCloud is the new website to schedule Learning Commons services and provides a much better experience. Access TracCloud via the "Schedule a Service" button above. Scroll down to view a video on how to schedule a service in TracCloud.
- As a reminder, if the University is closed for a Reading Day or a Holiday, the Learning Commons is also closed. Please see the Weather Policy for inclement weather days.
- Check the individual program pages to learn more about the service, the operating hours, and the method of access (in-person, online, or both). In-person appointments are available on both Clifton's campus and Clermont's campus. Be sure to make note of the location when making your appointment!
- The Learning Commons is available to students on Clifton's, Clermont's, and Blue Ash's campuses.
- Clifton Learning Commons: 2510B French Hall West, (513) 556-3244, LearningCommons@uc.edu
- Clifton Math and Science Support (MASS) Center: 2133 French Hall West, 513-556-1467, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clifton Academic Writing Center (AWC): 401N Langsam Library, (513) 556-3912, AcadWC@uc.edu
- Clermont Learning Commons, MASS Center, and AWC: 106 Edith Peters-Jones, (513) 558-8319, UCCLearningCommons@uc.edu
Each year more than 6,000 students take advantage of Learning Commons programs to build confidence, integrate on campus, and master challenging course content. These programs include:
- One-on-one and group-based tutoring in more than 200 courses
- A nationally-recognized Learning Communities program that brings together first-year students and campus mentors to promote social integration and academic success
- Academic Coaching for students seeking improved organization, motivation, and learning strategies
- Learning Assistants for faculty who use active and collaborative teaching methods
- Collaborative learning opportunities such as our Success Skills Workshops or Supplemental Instruction program
We offer credit-bearing, drop-in, and appointment-based options. Students can schedule a service on TracCloud, our scheduling website. Service hours, drop-in schedules, and enrollment instructions can be found on each program's page.
Campus Location: Jones 106
UC Faculty & Staff
Please visit the Learning Commons site on Bearcats Landing for information specific for Faulty and Staff. If you are seeking to collaborate to promote student success for your students, please feel free to reach out to us at LearningCommons@uc.edu. To request a presenation from the Learning Commons, please click the button below.