About the Program
The Student Ambassador program was created to represent the "face" of our student body. This exclusive group actively engages in ongoing UC Clermont College events and programs and gives tours to prospective students. Each Ambassador sees campus through a student's eyes, which allows them to develop their leadership skills while supporting the college. Student Ambassadors are proud that they made UC Clermont their next step and want to help others follow their lead.
The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to cultivate student leaders who will share the UC Clermont College experience with prospective students, their families and community members. Ambassadors exemplify outstanding academic achievement, involvement with the campus community and participation in student life and activities. Ambassadors create a positive and lasting impression thus enhancing the reputation of the college and university.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities
- Serve as the "face" of student body and actively engage in ongoing college events, recruitment activities and special programs.
- Represent UC Clermont to prospective and current students, as well as faculty, staff and community members engaged with collegiate activities.
- Guide campus tours for prospective UC Clermont students and their families.
- Provide assistance to faculty or staff during campus-wide UC Clermont events such as Experience UC Clermont Orientation sessions, New Student Welcome, Fall Open House, Fall Festival, Spring Fling, Spring Open House, Vetera's Recognition Day Event, and Calico Children's Theatre Performances.
- Facilitate small group discussions both virtually and in-person (when permissible by UC policy) with new students.
- Serve as a point of contact with a designated group of new students through text, email and phone calls to guide the enrollment process.
- Provide assistance with in-person Orientation events to include set-up, check-in, and breakdown.
- Attend mandatory training sessions (both virtual and in-person).
- Must be professional, reliable and punctual, enthusiastic, flexible, collaborative, inclusive, respectful and honest.
Why Become an Ambassador?
- Ambassadors engage in resume building activities that will provide evidence of leadership qualities, self-motivation and commitment to a wide variety of projects.
- Ambassadors build confidence in speaking and presentation skills.
- Ambassadors have the opportunity to learn from and work with college faculty, staff and administrators.
How do You Become an Ambassador?
- Enroll in full-time or part-time courses for the entire academic school year
- Maintain good Academic Standing
- Knowledge of the UC Clermont policies, procedures and expectations
- Enthusiasm and a professional approach representing UC Clermont
- Effective speaking skills
- Ability to command an audience
- Ability to work well with others
- Dedicated to working as a team
For a Student Ambassador application or more information, contact: