Veterans & Active Duty

UC Clermont College is incredibly grateful to our military veterans and active duty members. We are proud to have you join the Bearcats family, and it is our privilege to assist you with your VA education benefits. For questions about the application process, or for assistance with your VA education benefits, please contact UC Clermont Veterans Programs & Services at 513-732-8964 or email

UC Clermont Veterans Programs & Services is managed by Jennifer Radt and located in Student Services 101.

View eligibility requirements in this .PDF


Step 1: Complete the Veterans ON-line APPlication (VONAPP) Expand

Go online to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs "Veterans ON-line APPlication" (VONAPP).  Follow the instructions to apply for your education benefits. 
Where the VONAPP application asks you to name identify a specific VA regional office to which to electronically submit your benefits application, be certain to enter "St. Louis, MO VA Regional Office." This is the regional office affiliated with University of Cincinnati.

Following its successful processing of your benefits application, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will issue a "Certificate of Eligibility" to you by mail. 

The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) currently estimates that processing will require twenty-eight calendar days. UC Clermont College cannot be responsible for complications or delays in benefit awards due to VA delays in application processing.

Once you have received the VA "Certificate of Eligibility," you will submit that certificate to Veterans Programs & Services by following Step 5.

Step 2: Apply for Admission to UC Clermont Expand

Please follow on of the following sets of admissions instructions based on your student status:

Step 3: Confirm Your Degree Program and Major Expand

To successfully apply for your veteran education benefits, you must be certain of both the specific degree (e.g., associate, bachelors) that you will be pursuing upon entry to UC Clermont and the major discipline of study within that degree (e.g., technical and applied studies, biology, health sciences, law enforcement). UC Clermont will notify you of its admission decision and provide you with information regarding the specific degree requirements for your particular major. Our admissions office also will evaluate any prior study you have completed and will advise you in selecting the appropriate classes for registration.

After you have been accepted to UC Clermont, be sure to formally confirm your admission and pay any required confirmation fee by the deadline.

If you have any doubts as to whether or not you are confirmed into a degree program, contact Jamie Adkins with UC Clermont Enrollment Services.

Step 4: Prepare for Out-of-Pocket Expenses Expand

For Chapters 30, 35, 1606 and REAP students, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs pays benefits to the student at the end of each month.  These payments may not be sufficient to cover full tuition and fee costs.  Therefore, student-veterans must be prepared to pay at least your first semester's expenses (i.e., tuition and fees, textbooks, supplies, etc.) out of pocket.

University of Cincinnati makes available a three-part payment plan.  For information regarding your options, contact the One Stop Student Service Center at 513-556-1000.

If you have not yet applied for financial aid, visit or contact the One Stop Student Service Center to request assistance in complete the FASFA online. Receipt of VA educational benefits does not necessarily exclude you from additional financial aid monies.

Step 5: Complete the Questionnaire Expand

Students applying to use VA Educational Benefits at UC for the first time are required to complete our questionnaire.  If you've attended any other colleges you should indicate all previous college study on this questionnaire (whether or not you used VA benefits for that study) since VA regulations require all prior student be reviewed by the current college. If you intend to submit a copy of your military transcript to UC Clermont College, include it as one of your previous "colleges."

Step 6: Read and Review the Orientation Presentation Expand

Completion of a Veterans Educational Benefits PowerPoint orientation review is required. Students are required to read and review the orientation PowerPoint in advance of receiving benefits. This PowerPoint orientation will provide you with updated information specific to your benefits eligibility and the steps you must take each term to ensure that your education benefits are disbursed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs in a timely manner.

After reading and reviewing the PowerPoint orientation, if you have any questions please contact Jennifer Radt at 513-732-8964 in Student Services 101.

Step 7: Work with a College Advisor to Select Approriate Courses Expand

Contact your college advisor to arrange an advising appointment. Work with the advisor to select classes required for completing your current degree program. Keep in mind that the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will pay benefits only for classes that progress you toward graduation in your current degree program or classes that are required refresher/pre-requisite courses approved for VA benefit payment, so be sure to register carefully.

If you register for any classes that are not required by your current degree program for, you must identify these non-required classes to our office in writing.

Step 8: Complete the VPS Benefits Form and Submit it to our Office Expand

Complete the VPS Benefits Form and bring it with a copy of your finalized schedule to UC Clermont College Enrollment Services, Student Services Building Suite 101.

Step 9: Check Your Eligibility for Ohio In-State Tuition through the "Ohio G. I. Promise" and Apply if Appropriate Expand

Veterans of the U.S. Armed Services, their spouses, and dependents, may qualify for immediate classification as Ohio residents-for-tuition-purposes.  Review the Ohio G.I. Promise eligibility criteria and, if appropriate, submit your application. 

If you have questions about the steps outlined above, contact Jennifer Radt, university service associate/veteran student coordinator in UC Clermont College Enrollment Services:

Student Services Building Suite 101

You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download, to view and print some of the links on this page.