Orientation (Experience UC Clermont)
Welcome to UC Clermont! The mission of Orientation is to facilitate the successful transition of first-year and transfer students.
To achieve our mission, Orientation provides the opportunity to:
- Offer new students the chance to meet with their Academic Advisor
- Provide new students with a comprehensive understanding of class schedules, registration, technology and University policies and procedures
- Deliver information on the resources and programs offered to enhance student success
- Learn about on-campus student engagement opportunities.
- Meet other new students attending UC Clermont during the same semester
What is Orientation?
All first-year and transfer students are required to attend an orientation program. Orientation will prepare you for academic success at UC Clermont. You will become familiar with the life of a college student from learning how to do business as a student and how to be successful in and out of the classroom. The Advising staff will help you to choose and register for the classes in your degree or certificate program. Orientation is currently completed through Canvas, an online learning management system.
Placement Assessments & Orientation
Placement Assessments or qualifying ACT/SAT exemptions is your next step closer to being invited to your online orientation course. Please watch your personal email for important information about Placement Assessments.
UC Clermont seeks to ensure that all students with disabilities can freely and actively participate in all facets of college life. Please contact Accessibility Resources at 513-732-5327 in advance of your Orientation date to arrange for accessible seating, alternate format for printed materials or other accessibility needs.
If you have any questions regarding New Student Orientation, please call Robin Hamrick at 513-732-5283 or email Robin.Hamrick@uc.edu.