Paralegal Course Transfer Policy
Students who have taken paralegal courses at other institutions may petition to the Paralegal Program Director to have those courses transferred into the University of Cincinnati Clermont College Paralegal Studies Program. You must include the following:
1. A school catalog/bulletin from the institution; and
2. A course syllabus from the specific paralegal course.
Transferability is based on the following:
1. accreditation of the former institution;
2. comparability of the course, including evaluation of practical assignments;
3. year the course was taken; and
4. grade the student received (“C” or above).
Transfer from schools that are not regionally accredited will not be allowed. Transfer from schools that are not ABA approved or members of American Association of Paralegal Education (AAfPE) will be not be allowed. Courses more than seven years old will not be transferred into the program. No student may transfer more than four courses.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
The University of Cincinnati reaffirms its policy that discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or gender identity and expression shall not be practiced in any of its activities. University Rule 3361: 10-13-01